Welcome To Triad Birth Doula
I am Kenny Shulman, a DONA trained and certified Birth Doula.
- I serve women in Greensboro, NC and the surrounding Piedmont area.
- I provide physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother and her partner before, during, and just after birth.
- I draw on my professional and continuing doula education, attendance at numerous births, my life’s experiences, as well as my own labor and birth of my son.
- I adhere to DONA’s “Code of Ethics” and “Standards of Practice” (as stated at www.DONA.org).
- I am an independent and self-employed doula.
- As your doula, I am workingfor you, not your caregiver or hospital.
These are the essential elements that allow me to help you have the beautiful birth experience you desire and deserve.
|Born and raised in Norfolk, Va., I received my B.A. from Converse College, in Spartenburg, SC. In 1973, I moved to Greensboro. A few years later, my son was born at Moses Cone Hospital. As the years unfolded, I became a single parent and a business owner. When the empty nest became my reality, I realized I was finished with my business and most anxious to give something back to my community. In searching for my passion, I became involved with the Women’s Resources Center of Greensboro. Over a decade later and through various agencies (such as Guardian ad Litem, United Way of Greensboro, Champion Coalition, YWCA of Greensboro) my desire to advocate for women and children grew.Today, this passion of mine is being expressed by being a certified birth doula.|