Welcome To Triad Birth Doula
Hi! I am Kenny Shulman, a DONA certified Birth Doula.
- Serving women in Greensboro, NC and the surrounding Piedmont area.
- Providing physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother and her partner before, during, and just after birth.
- Drawing on my professional and continuing doula education, attendance at numerous births, my life’s experiences, as well as my own labor and birth of my son.
- Adhering to DONA’s “Code of Ethics” and “Standards of Practice” (as stated at www.DONA.org).
- As an independent and self-employed doula, I work for you, not your caregiver or hospital.
These are the essential elements that allow me to help you have the beautiful birth experience you desire and deserve.
I began this journey as a volunteer with the Greensboro YWCA doula program, and continue to volunteer today. This allows me to actively practice DONA’s vision…”A doula for every woman who wants one.”
As of 2016, and through Triad Birth Doula, LLC, I have attended almost 150 women in their childbirth. This means that over the years I have had various experiences and situations with pregnancies, labor and birth. It also means that I have experience with various care providers and have spent many hours at Women’s Hospital in Greensboro, NC. It has been said that my specialty is attending waterbirths, which I dearly love. I provide my pools and equipment for a small fee to my clients who wish to have this gentler birth.
I am also an educated child birth instructor and will offer classes to you and your partner at your convenience and in the privacy of your home. My classes are based on Lamaze International’s Six Healthy Birth Practices.
But my biggest passion is working with people like you and your partner and watching the light turn on as you realize that
you are the consumer;
you have universal rights;
this is your body, your baby, your experience!